Saturday, September 5, 2009

Appreciate Your Work As Well As Make Your Mark In The World: Nine To Five By Dolly Parton




A lot of times, we struggle out of bed early in the morning when Monday starts to dawn. We eat what's left in frige; rush to the shower; get dressed and catch the first ride to work. When we reach the office, we try to get our act together and figure the schedule of the day. Although we know how the day goes, there are some surprises that come out of the blue which we struggle to put under control and pack at the end of the day. Even though the day was tough and we're worn out, we smile for a job well done as we strive to do better to reach our goals. The song "Nine To Five" by Dolly Parton bests sums up every working individual's daily struggle to make it in the world.

Though I'm really a fan of her, I have to admit now that I'm working I appreciate the massage of this song. It isn't easy trying to earn enough income especially with the current economic situation that we have. Still we get up like clockwork as we report for duty and get the job done. It isn't just about money or making a living but also it's about being alive. Despite the struggles and bad conditions, there are still people out there who do what they do because they like and still believe that the world will turn if we keep on going. Attitude like that is what we need to turn things around.

Just like everyone else, I'm striving for the same thing. I've learned my lesson and appreciate my work more than ever. I want to learn more skills to improve myself and despite my age, I still believe that's possible. I'm also working on other things that would help make my plans become a reality. Nobody said it was easy but I'm willing to keep working on it till it does come true. Till then, I'll keep on going to the daily grind that actually starts at 8 am and ends at 5pm.

No comments: