Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hoping To Make It Out Of The Rain: Flood By Jars Of Clay



For those who follow my blog, I bet you notice that alot of my entries deal with the many trials that come in and out of my life.  A lot of times when bad times start crashing down, you're so bewilderred, you don't know what hit you.  Despite the stunning blow that life has dealt you either have two choices:  Either sink to the bottom of the sea or do you're  best to stay alive until the storm passes.  I guess I should count myself lucky that despite the numerous storms, I managed to survive.  When I think about riding these stormy trials, I think about the song "Flood" by Jars Of Clay.

From what I heard, this song was supposed to be about Noah and the Ark that survived the Great Flood.  When I think about that, my mind goes back to those tough times when I felt like I was tossed to the deep blue sea and had to keep from drowning.  Everyti me I go back to those bleak periods, I thought I would go crazy as I felt so alone and no one was there.  The best that I can do is ride out the storm  and hope that there was some sort of reprieve at the end of it all.  I guess I was lucky because despite all those bad times, I'm still here.  Maybe that's a sign that's someone has not given up on me.

Just because the storm has past doesn't mean there's not going to be another one.  As I have blogged repeatedly, these days I want to learn more to be better prepared for it the next time it arrives.  Life is a cycle of good and bad times, I really want to be prepared or atleast have something to cope with when the bad times come.  I hope one of these days my efforts pay off and something would come and lifts me out of all this.  Until then, I'll be ready to cope with the rain and the flood that it brings.

No comments: