Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Downside Of Remembering: Yesterday By Guns 'N Roses




Once in a while, reminiscing would awaken feelings of regret inside of me. These were due to things I didn't get to or not being able to be with someone I wanted to be with. Those feelings get stronger when I remember things that fell apart, despite trying hard to salvage them. I guess that's the downside of remembering. The song "Yesterday" by Guns 'N Roses best describes the downside of remembering the past. When you're young, people will tell you to live your life to the fullest and they are absolutely right. As much as I don't want to mention regrets, I have my fair share of them. The worst part of of those things you didn't try or do sometimes eats at you when you start becoming nostalgic. It's like having a clear vision of the past only to have a rock fly out of nowhere and destroy that image. Times like that when I wish didn't remember because could'ves or would'ves always up, making me feel bad and incomplete. I guess that's why you have to admire those who still don't want to give up on their dreams. Well I guess all I can do is give the same advice to the next generation. Live life to the fullest by being all that you can be and doing all that you can do. Don't be like us of whose memories of regret still hurt deep inside. When yesterday's gone, it's gone and you can't get it back.

No comments: