Saturday, September 12, 2009

When Things Were Still Cool: In My Dreams By Dokken



Sigh! The problem at this point in life is that you should already get it together and everything is settled. Unfortunately for me, that is definitely NOT the case. A lot of problems and a lot of failed plans that keeps me going back to the drawing board. In between breaks, I sometimes reminisce about the past where things were simple and everything was cool. When those memories creep into my head, the song "In My Dreams" by Dokken suddenly starts playing.

I know this is a song about a break-up and the guy wanting turn back time to the past when they were together. For me, I want to go back to the time when bonds were strong and all the good were all here. There wasn't a care in the world and you know that things were solid. I guess that's what being young was all about. No problems and the gang was always there and the parties never stop.

These days, it's a different story. It's every man for himself and if you're weak, you're gone. I guess why I'd rather figure things out for yourself cause no one will do it for you. Even if you get a ton of help and material, you have to figure things out on your own. While I'm trying to get things in order,I wonder if it's still out there. If it isn't, at least it still the same in my dreams.

No comments: