Monday, September 7, 2009

Looking For A Place Where I Belong: Any World That I'm Welcomed To By Steely Dan



Whenever the day is at an end, I often take a deep sigh as I make my way home. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for what I have but sometimes I wish there was more to it than that. As I have so often blogged, a lot of things that I wanted to achieve never came to be. Because of that, I've always had this feeling of yearning for something better. Somewhere out there is a place where I know I belong and there will be be people who would accept me for who I am. Yearning for something like that reminds me of the song "Any World That I'm Welcome To" by Steely Dan.

This is probably my favorite SD song of all times. They beat Linkin Park about writing a song of this nature. I would like to go a place where I feel that I could be myself and do all that I want to do without fear of redicule. A place where everything is perfect and all troubles are banished. Hanging out with cool people who respect for you are and being in a place where you can forget about all the crap that life has dealt is every man's dream. It's better than this really dismal situation I often find myself in.

One day I hope that I find that place aone day. Maybe when things settle down and everything is in order, that's when I'll start looking. I'm not surprised if I'm not alone when it comes to looking for such a place. But when the day comes when that place is found, I'll go there without hesitation and they'll have me, then I need not ask for anything else. Any world like that is better than this hands down.

No comments: