Friday, September 18, 2009

I Can't Believe I Don't Hear This Song Anymore: You Don't Have To Go Home Tonight By The Triplets


My reasons for being glued to 24K during the weekends are always the same. It is only during this time that I get to hear the music of my youth because not do I enjoy those great songs, only 24K has them and I'll never tire of requesting them every weekend. Like a treasure chest that opens for only two days, songs that will be never be played anywhere yet still strike a chord can come from this program. Still there are a lot of good songs that have yet to be played on 24K and deserve to be on the playlists. One such song that deserve to be on 24K is the song "You Don't Have To Go Home Tonight" by The Triplets. Whether it's the regular or acousitc version, whenever I hear this song, I freeze in my tracks and just want to listen. I guess it's because it's one of those feel good songs and these three sisters were more talented than people gave them credit for. I was saddened that they didn't get the acclaim that they deserved. I agree with one member of Youtube who commented that if this song was played during the 80's rather than the 90's, it would have been a great hit. I just get energized listening to it and it saddens me that I don't hear this song in any station anymore. Once again I give the call to all 24K fans out there to take stock of the great hits that are no longer being played on the radio. There are still a lot of good songs that have been forgotten and discarded as trends come and go. These songs need to be listened not only by the people of that period but also the younger generation as well to give a glimpse of what life was back then. I'll say it again, take stock of all those good songs while you can. Before you know it, these songs will just disappear so don't let that happen.

No comments: