Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wishing It Didn't Had To Go Down That Way: Could We Start Again Please From Jesus Christ Superstar



When we Christians go through the sober week of Lent, I keep thinking about what our Lord went just to save us from the eternal agony of Hell. It's sucks when people are hung out to dry for screw-ups we made. What's worse is that it took the most innocent and the most holy to bear the awful yoke of sin. A lot of times, I wonder if it didn't have to go that way or better yet if we had learned what He was trying to teach, could it have avoided. That's what I think when I hear the song "Could We Start Again Please" from Jesus Christ Superstar.

I guess when Jesus and the gang started traveling, things were really cool and then came the moment were He had to go through that awful trial to save mankind from sin. I can understand what Peter's feelings when he said that God made his point and wished that it didn't have to be that way. In the end, there was no avoiding it because it was the only way to usher a new begining. That's why I like the part in in the movie "The Passion" where Christ crushed a snake's head after praying. Even if critics said it was overkill, it nevertheless asserted that nothing can keep God from fulfilling his destiny.

These days, critics all are trying to attack the truth of the Church's teachings about Christ with some going far as saying he didn't die on the cross. To make it worse, some people make movies about clergy hitmen who kill to protect it's teachings which is crap in my view. I'm not a perfect person, let alone a perfect Christian, but I know if these jerks can crank up the devil, then there's still a God and He's up there watching us. Only in the end, will the truth be revealed to us all. In the end, I remember what FBI agent Scully said about God making a show and not even the devil can make it rain so what will be will be.

No comments: