Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Vacation Time's Here: Vacation By The Go-Gos



As I have blogged earlier, I just came back from a training seminar held at Puerto Galera. Since there were a lot of changes that happened this year, I felt that I should since it's about keeping the team together. Although I've said many times that I'm no fan of the beach, I didn't want to let my officemates down and thought it would be a learning experience for me. Besides, I didn't want to dampen my friends' excitement about the trip because aside from getting to know each other better, it's a chance to leave all that office baggage behind. Thinking about what happened reminds me of the Go-Gos' song "Vacation".

I had to admit that I was making an early Lenten sacrifice, since I never liked the beach, let alone, walking around in swimming trunks for all to see. I felt like Dexter Morgan in the episode where they were all dancing and he felt very uncomfortable. Yet when I saw the smiles and heard the laughter of my co-workers, I couldn't let them down. Somehow I manage to just stay ashore watch them splash about the salty water. Oh well, atleast there was alot of booze and that was enough for me.

In the end, I manage to live through it and although I didn't swim, I was able to do my part during the seminar and that was enough. When I came home, I was beat and slept the rest of day off. I guess the important part is that I did my share though I don't know what the next seminar will bring. Oh well atleast my friends enjoyed themselves and that is what's important. It's the closest thing to a vacation that we'll ever get.

No comments: