Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jesus Is Arlight: Jesus Is Just Alright By The Doobie Brothers




Today is Easter Sunday and it not only signifies the end of Lent, but also celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. With his resurrection, he proved that life is eternal and death is just part of crossing over. When I was a kid, I never tire of that religious program where Peter tried to convince the diciples that the Lord has risen and then Jesus suddenly appears before them, showing his wounds as proof that he is no ghost. When he asked for something to eat and they gave him food, I'll never forget the smiles on their faces as the watched Jesus consume the fish they laid before him. When I think about the Resurrection, I want to listen to the Doobie Brothers' hit "Jesus Is Just All Right".

I remember the good old days when it was Easter, this was the first song that we would play. It affirmed that just because we listened to hard rock and metal, it doesn't mean we're either crazy or devil worshippers. The great thing about Jesus is that He mingled with people from all walks of life and everyone was a friend, brother or sister. He neglected no one and wanted salvation for all which we must never forget. More importantly, no it is up to us to spread His word to others.

When it comes to spreading the word part, it doesn't have to be dramatic, rather it's just about doing the right thing both for yourself and others. I'm no pure angel, but it is good to help others every now and then. These days I a lot of people are sluring not only the Church but Jesus Himself, saying that it wasn't true as well always citing the failures and flaws of the Christian faith. For all its mistakes, the Church still has a lot of good and it's sad that people only see its flaws. Well like the song's lyrics my response to that is simply I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY MAY SAY; I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY MAY DO; I DON'T WHAT THEY MAY SAY; JESUS IS JUST ALRIGHT OH YEAH!!!!!!

No comments: