Monday, April 13, 2009

Feel Good Summer/Beach Flick: Rush Hour By Jane Wiedlin




I have to admit when I first heard this song and saw the video, it has been one of my "closet songs" which I don't admit I like but deep down, I do. It's one of those songs that just grows on you and makes you feel good. I guess now that I'm older, I can admit I like it. I just wish that it got played more often in 24K. The song is "Rush Hour" by Jane Wiedlin.

It's ironic that she came out with a really upbeat song right after "Blue Kiss" which had a very melancholic tone. If I were in a mood to take to the beach, this song would have talked me into it. Just like a lot of 24K songs, this one also stops me in my tracks. Better yet, it helps chase the blues away when things don't go well. That's a 24K song in my book.

It's been 23 years and this song still retains it's spell on me. No matter how time goes by, it's still soothes me whenever I get hotheaded. It's really a very catchy tune that never fails to uplift. With the summer season in full swing, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of my batchmates are listening to it now. A good song to beat the heat. It'll always be one of my favorites.

No comments: