Monday, April 20, 2009

Capturing Memories: Freeze Frame By The JGeils Band




For me, the best years of my life started in 1982 because as brothers we started doing more things together and it was more than they old play time routine. We were more adventurous and the fact that we were all in it, made whatever escapade that we got ourselves into all the more memorable. This was heightened by the fact that we were converted the outside gym into our own private sanctuary. Whenever I think about the crazy times that we did during that period, I'd like to capture every single memory in a frame and gaze at it fondly. Thinking about that reminds me of the song "Freeze Frame" by the JGeils Band.

This was another song that was among the first to be featured in MTV. Is is also one of the songs we frequently played during our gym days. Back then, videos weren't much but the fact that they were translated visually got everyone excited back then. Anyway, when I recall all those crazy times we spent together in that place, I thought the fun would never end. Everyday, there was a party and everyone thought that it would never end. It was really a crazy time to be young.

When I look back, I feel sad that I don't have anything to remind me of those great times. When I see all these high-tech gadgets such as digital cameras, dvds and computer programs, I wish we had such devices back then. That way, we can capture all the good times and preserve it and see it over and over again. Right now I try hard not to forget those good times because there all that I have left of the past. Times like that, it would have been nice to capture every frame of every moment because they are worth their weight in gold.

No comments: