Thursday, April 9, 2009

What We Need To Focus On Lent: My Sweet Lord By George Harrison



Although it's now summer and everyone is breaking out their swim gear and party essentials, let's not forget that today is Maundy Thursday which is the high point of Holy Week. At this time, let's not forget to reflect on the Good Lord's teachings and sacrifice. Now I'm no angel or saint, but I have to admit there are times when we should do a little sacrifice and reflect on reflect on the last days of our Lord Jesus Christ here on earth. It won't hurt to renew our faith during these very sacred days. Whenever the Holy Week kicks off, I feel like listening to the song "My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison.

Nobody's perfect but there are times when we do want to have some time with the Big Guy and this is the perfect period for it. Though I'm not that deeply in the faith, I feel that during this time, there's a need for everything to stop and reflect and meditate. Even when you're on your favorite vacation spot, it doesn't hurt to pause a bit and pray or visit a church for a while. Although I still admit that I do make a lot of mistakes and have had doubts every now and then, I admit there are times when going to Church does me good. There was a time when I did lose my faith and I don't want that to happen again.

I have nothing against people who want to go on vacation during this sacred week. Just remember to give the Man His due by setting even a little time with him. I don't want to sound like a preacher or a self-righteous lout, but these days, a lot of people tend to forget about that. Sure go ahead and have some fun because we all deserve some Rn'R this summer. Just don't forget what the Big Guy did for us.

No comments: