Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's Summer!!!: The Heat Is On By Glenn Frey




As I said a while back, I've returned from a training seminar in Puerto Galera where all my co-workers swam till they dropped. When you're in one of the best beaches in the country at the onset of summer, it's time to break out the trunks and sunbloc. Even when we made our way home, the highway was filled with vehicles obviously going to the beach and some of my friends talked about going back after getting their productivity pay. It's always like that when the temperature rises and the holidays from work drive people to take a splash. One of the songs that best describes this craze is "The Heat Is On" by Glenn Frey.

This was a soundtrack from the first Beverly Hills Cop movie which is still the best. Whenever I hear this song, the things that comes to mind are swimsuit clad girls and the usual family outing to beat the heat. I'm not surprised if a lot of people have already filed their vacation leave ahead to make sure it's all systems go for the summer. Others manage to squeeze a little r n'r to fit their busy work schedules. Either way, F-U-N is on the mind of every individual as they make the most out the time that they have in the sun and shore.

I guess I outgrew my infatuation with the beach a long time ago. Still, it's good to see people enjoy themselves in the shore doing anything from swimming, beach volleyball, surfing, banana boat riding and trying to pick people up. Well, for those who are either making their way or are now enjoying themselves, make the best of it. Just be careful while you're there and remember the whole point is to enjoy the season. Paty up for the heat is on!!!

No comments: