Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Radio Still Rules : Portable Radio By Hall And Oates



Whenever I see all the new technological gadgets that people are using, I really feel old. These new devices way beyond anything that we enjoyed during our time. Today's generation can simply download all the favorite tunes from the net in a snap. Yet there are some songs that you still can't get on the radio and only I few stations play them which is why I still listen to the radio rather than download. The song "Portable Radio" by Hall and Oates, embodies my weekend love affair with radio.

Whenever 99.5 rt's 24K Weekend rolls along, I am practically hooked from morning to night. Texting or calling my requests and playing the waiting game which is part of the thrill when listening to this program. Whether I listen to an MP3 player or a banged up transitor radio, so long as I hear my request from begining to end, it makes my day. Apart from the thrill of playing it on the air, I also get to share it with other people, making it all the more worth while. This is what the weekend is all about: listening to the good hits I grew up with.

Thrill of the waiting and getting it played is always been a thrill for me. The good that I like about today's technology is that I can hear it anywhere I go. Whether I'm at home or out on the road, so long as I hear them, that's good enough. Even in the net, you get to find these rare hits. That's the reason why radio still rules for me.

No comments: