Thursday, April 16, 2009

Memories Of Summer II: Summer Breeze By Seals And Crofts



This is one of the hottest summer seasons that I have ever experienced. Once you stepped into the airconditioned sanctuary of the office, you don't ever want to venture outside for fear of melting like an ice cube. The best time to step out is when the sun starts to set and breeze cools down. As I have blogged earlier, whenever that happens I just want to sit down somewhere where watch the sun's color change as the cool air washes over me. During that time I just let my mind wander to the good old days when bonds and summer days were fun. When I hear the song "Summer Breeze" by Seals And Crofts, it clearly describes the mood that I feel during that state.

This is definite a good chillout song to beat the summer and once again I thank Chris "The Bliss" for providing my brothers the means to record this song. Whenever the summer afternoons cool down the heat, I play this song and man, it does wonders in taking the stress away. Just close your eyes and let the song carry you to a better place. It gets better with some rum coke or beer and fine "green rolls" to stimulate the imagination. If there's a song that'll take you to never-never land, this is probably it.

These days most of my time is occupied in the daily demands of the office and taking care of things at home. There's not enough time for chilling out as there things and people that need to be attended to. Still, whenever I hear this song and any other 24K hit, I'll be up to the task. It's incredible what good music does for the soul. This song as well as all the great 24K music will always make me feel fine no matter how tough things get.

No comments: