Friday, April 3, 2009

Vacation Time/Bad Bonfire Idea: School's Out By Alice Cooper



Before I start, I would like to apologize for not putting in new entries in my blog because I had to attend a training seminar for the past three days. Anyway, summer is already here and I'm not surprised if last Friday, kids are already stampeding out of their classrooms and tossing their books in the air and writing goodbye notes on their friends' uniform. I would caution them not to throw their notes away because they're still gonna need it, not just in school but when it comes time to look for work. I learned that the hard way back in the summer of 1980. When that comes to mind, I remember the song "School's Out" by Alice Cooper.

I remember the schoolyear has just and ended summer vacation has begun. Just like the song, we were wild with joy because we didn't have to wake up early or study for the next two and a half months. As a way to mark the start of summer, my brothers and I started a bonfire with all our notebooks and scratch notes and we were wildly cheering that we're again. However, when the next schoolyear came by, we found out too late that the notes we burned were the key to understanding some of the subjects during that schoolyear. Needless to say, now we didn't have any references to fall back to and things got pretty tough for a while. So goes the old saying that regrets are usually found at the end and when that happens, it too late.

My advice to all those kids who are now starting their vacation is to keep those notes intact. Believe me because not only do you have references to fall back on, but those questions are kind companies give for an entrance exam for applicants. If you keep them, it will come in handy. Don't do what we did during that time. You'll really regret it because it's proof that learning never stops at the classroom.

No comments: