Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bliss Raggae: Dreadlock Holiday By 10cc



This sudden downpour sure has caught everybody by surprise. Just when you're all set for some sun and surf, it start pouring buckets and instead of swimwear, you're reach for your raincoat. This sure is a contradiction in the weather. Despite all this strange developments, it won't stop people from having a good time. One song that would have listen to if it was on a sunny day at the beach would be "Dreadlock Holiday" by 10cc.

Once again I think Chris "The Bliss" for letting my brothers record this cool song. Ironically, we played in Baguio rather than in a beach in Boracay or Puerto Galera. For a good jamming song, it sure talks about the dangers getting involved with the wrong people while on vacation and hating things, but actually loving them. It's really contradictory and complex package rolled in a cool song. I just wished somebody played this during the training seminar that I had a few weeks ago.

This is one of the few raggae songs that's not by Bob Marley that I like. Times like this I really miss those days when we congregated without a care in the world. In my head, I play the song and the images of those good times come to life once more. Chris sure had great taste in music and this was one of them. Thanks man, you and 24k rule!!!

No comments: