Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Memories Of Summer: The First Picture Of You By The Lotus Eaters



As I have said earlier, summer isn't always about big splashes in beaches or horse-back riding in Baguio or crazy gimicks. There are times when the suns starts to set and the summer wind starts to cool, I find myself suddenly looking back at the past and thinking of all the the things that have happened in my life. It's like a slide-show if images where you see yourself in your youth in good times and bad times. When they come together, it really hits you and time suddenly stops. It takes a while to come to my senses whenever that happens. One song that reminds me of all those summer memories is the song "The First Picture Of You" by the Lotus Eaters.

I remember they always showed this video back in the summer of 1986. Even when it was still new, I felt sense of nostalgia from listening to it. This was heightened by the fact that a lot of things both good and bad happened that schoolyear. There were hopes and aspirations and lot more disappointments softened by some good times. Those memories still haunt me to this day.

Whenever this gets played, I get the urge to sit outside the garden or look the window and the images from days past stream past my eyes. You can say I'm still a little unsatisfied and unfulfilled since the past has such a hold on me. Be that as it may, there were still some good times that made it worth while. You can't turn back time, but seasons have a way of bringing the past to life. And what I feel when I hear this song play on 24k regardless of the season.

No comments: