Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Crazy Summer Antics: Land Down Under By Men At Work



I guess I'm getting older because most of the time, I have a lot of things to do and even more on my mind. When you're young, there are a lot of things you don't think, let alone worry about. When summer sets in, the only thing that's on your mind is what crazy gimick you're going to do next. When came to crazy antics and adventures, we can write volumes about them, both as the five of us, solo or with other of our buddies. When I think about all those crazy times, it reminds of the song "Land Down Under" by Men At Work.

Everytime I hear this song and watch the video, I can't help but reminisce about all those good and crazy times we did together. There was always something to do; somewhere to go and some to see. You can bet everytime something goes down, we either start laughing our heads off or wind unconscious or moaning on the floor. Either way, it always had to do with something crazy and fun You can say it was summer well spent. I guess we sure gave our parents one big headache from our escapades.

Right now, it's all work and responsibilities. Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever do another crazy gathering again. More importantly, I hope to hear all of us laughing like there was nothing to worry about. Those days are a distant past now but them alive in my mind and in my heart. Who knows, one day the beer will be flying and everyone will laughing and the feeling will be passed from one to another which is why I wait for that day when I hear the thunder and let the fun begin.

No comments: