Friday, May 2, 2008

Ultimate Nostalgia Song: I Wanna Go Back By Eddie Money




One of the reasons why I am a loyal listener to 24k is obviously because I'm a very sentimental person once I hear one of my favorite songs get played on air. As I've said before, it's like riding a time machine and everything and everyone that gave meaning to your life suddenly comes back to life. Sadly, we know no matter how much we want to, the past is the past. Yet once that song is played a whole wave of memories comes flooding your senses even for just a short period which is closest thing one can get to going back. Nobody sings this better Eddie Money in his song I "Wanna Go Back".

The song talks about the singer's past and how things were in simpler back then. Life was so much better for him that he longed to go back and relive the glory days of his youth. The theme of the video is a perfect match for the song which shows Eddie returning to his old school in time for a class dance and seeing the familiar surroundings opens flood of emotions for him. Another scene of the video features Eddie chases after a girl who probably was an important person in his past during the height of the festivities. When I see the video and hear the song, I agree with many of the youtube viewers who said that they want to build a time machine and go back to the past.

To put it simply, this song describes me best when I tune in to 24k every Friday. When I get to hear my request, everything's all right with the world and I am put at ease as the song plays on. When a song starts playing, it reminds me of the moments in my youth and really gets to me, making me wish that I had the chance to go back and do things differently. When the song ends, I find myself with a longing to go back and try again. Sadly, I much as I want to, I can never go back and I just try remembering the sweet memories that the song brought me.

No comments: