Thursday, May 29, 2008

That Special Summer: Summer Of 69 By Bryan Adams


I know I've been writing a lot about the good times of the past in many of my recent entries. I guess it's because things have been emotionally strenous for me and my family for quiet a while. I know it's an immature thing to feel, but I can't help but feel like turning time back to better days when things were so much better.
I saw my friends everyday and me and my brothers would get drunk every weekend. The hassles that I go through everyday have made those memorable times even more even more intense when I look back. We had so much hopes and plans back then, but sadly, things today are different from what we envisoned. That's why I never get tired of listening to Bryan Adams' song "Summer Of 69".

This song really got to me the first time I heard and it still has the same effect on me today. I think of the good times and the people I've spent time with. When your young, you think things will always be the same and the good times are here for good. As the years go by, you find the things you like doing and the people you like doing them with disappear one by one. Then your days get filled with deadlines and commitments and your lucky to even down a bottle of beer with the soaring prices we have now.

When I saw the video, the part that I liked best was when he was lying in a hammock pouring his heart out to a shrink as he voiced out his wish to go back to those times. I'd go back too if I had the means to do it and I'd do it without a second thought. Alas, the reality is that those are gone forever and we have to make do with the present. Atleast those times will be alive in a special place inside me as I make my daily grind to the harsh reality of the present.

No comments: