Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sailing With The Spirits: Southern Cross By Crosby, Stills and Nash



Well summer's almost over and the fact that malls and you can tell by school bargains posted by malls and the fact that it's starting to rain means school is just around the corner. It's goodbye to swimming pools and beaches as the temperature gets cooler. As I have said, I'm not a beach person, though I sometimes fantasize about sailing on a boat all by myself and relax as I enjoy cool breeze and the blue water. I would call such endeavor a soul search or maybe a spiritual retreat as I steer my boat to different places and experience new things. Just like that song "Southern Cross" by Crosby, Stills, And Nash.

Just listening to the song takes you on a spiritual journey as feel that you're with the traveler on his boat as he goes from place to place. Apart from going from place to place, the song is also about soul searching as the character in the song reflects about himself and his relationships with other people. Sometimes amidst the adventure, you stop and think about alot of things which is a luxury often denied to you in the dog-eat-dog world that we live in. Going on journeys like provide that rare opportunity when you can listen to yourself and find out what's missing. When you come to terms with it, then you know it's time to sail back home.

Well, I'm still toiling at my office and the summer's about to end. Unlike the character in the song, I have yet to attempt that endeavor. I hope that one day I find the time and the courage to do just that. I know I'm getting older and because of that time is gold. For those who were able to do that, I tip my hat to you and I hope you guys found what you're looking for.

No comments: