Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Making Sense In The World: Logical Song By Supertramp



In my last two entries, I reflected a lot about the things that I failed to do and how I cope with sudden flashes of emotions brought about by meeting old friends and dwelling on the past as well as the present and future. These last few years I feel like I've been up and down an emotional rollercoaster with more downs than ups. When I find the time to be by myself, I often try to rationalize all the things that have been happening to me lately. I know it's immature, but sometimes I wish I was 30 yrs. younger because back then, life was so simple. It's during these times that I think about the "Logical Song" by Supertramp.

The song chronicles the cycles of learning that we go through from childhood until we are adults. When we were children, all we did was play and laugh without a care in the world. Then at a certain age, formal education starts as we grow older, time for luxury becomes more and remote. Usually education ends when set foot in the real world as we try our best make place in society. Each of us have our own view of the world depending on our education and experiences. Yet despite all our preparedness, we sometimes find ourselves with more questions than answers.


Even when we do achieve all the prerequesites to make it in this world, there are times when we still feel that something is missing. For me, this holds true because I remember before I graduated from College, I felt that I had more questions than answers. Sometimes I feel that I missed out on others than my friends enjoyed at the time were one of the reasons why I feel this way. This feeling is so evident that people often remark that I'm always in deep thought. I admit have a lot of questions and very little time to answer them. I just hope I can sort this out in due time.

No comments: