Friday, May 9, 2008

Feel Good/Levis'Jeans song: Let Your Love Flow By The Bellamy Brothers


Man, I remember when I stopped listening to the radio two years ago because I just can't relate to the songs of today. Most are songs either justify why today's youths are a bunch of punks or they call they call their parents dumb because they don't understand even if they are the ones who sweat their asses off just so they can buy them bad clothing and all those expensive gadgets for their ungrateful and direspectful brats who hate their parents but still live under their roof. I don't hear songs that what would make you feel good or give you some sense of hope that things will be better. With all the petty complaint messages that spew out of ontemporary radio, I really long for the good old tunes that 24k used to play. One song that not only puts me in a good mood, but also lifts my spirits is the song "Let Your Love Flow" by the Bellamy Brothers back in the 70s.

The mere opening of this song already puts me in a good mood. I remember way back in gradeschool, whenever this song was played on the radio, I stopped whatever I was doing just to listen to it. When it was used in a commercial by Levis Jeans, I watch it from start to finish and mind you, I hated commercial breaks. This song tells us that there's a reason for everything and though we have so many questions, it should not bother us and we should just spread the love around. This song boosted my spirits back then, it still makes me feel good now.

Last Christmas when, my brother gave me an mp3 player, this song was also included and when it was played, all my worries faded away like darkness before the light. I guess the combination of beer and Agwa also contributed to the fact because I was oblivious to everybody on that Christmas party. I didn't care because it was Christmas; everybody was there and one of my favorite songs was playing. Today some people criticize the Bellamy Brothers because of their support for George W. Bush, for me, they'll always be in my good books because of this song that really lifts my spirits whenever and wherever it's played.

1 comment:

pulpfriction said...

i actually heard this song years after the song was released and used in the levi's commercial through RT's 24k sundays. this definitely one of those classics which will never be forgotten.

btw, this 70's hit also reminds of another song from that era: the last of the singing cowboys by the marshall tucker band :)