Friday, May 2, 2008

Hope In Despair : Just Remember I Love You By FireFall



When you've hit rock bottom, you feel that all that's left is to do wait for the soil to come pouring down to seal the hole you've fallen into. At times when things fall apart, it's like you've been stripped, beaten and left for dead as everything that you built either go up in smoke or crumbles to the ground. You find yourself trapped within your pain with baffled rage and grief wrapping you in up their tight embrace. The worst part is that instead of getting sympathy, people around you add insult to injury by preaching to you about the things you shoud’ve and could’ve which does nothing to soothe your pain. Yet despite the pain and the loss, their is always hope and that's why the song "Just Remember I Love You" by FireFall is very special to me.

The song aims to sooth and comfort the listener during times of grief and loss by telling him to hold on and be strong. During times when things go crazy and everything falls apart, the song gives a message of hope that no matter what happens, things will be all right in the end. Even the tune of the song aims to console us when things break down. When I listen to this song it reminds me of "Foot Prints In The Sand" where the God told the person that he was with that He carried him during his times of pain, hence the reason why there was only one set of foot prints. No, matter how bad things get, we must never forget that we are not alone.

This song is very special for me because I have had my fair share of shattered dreams as well as broken promises that have left me filled with grief. At those times, I would probably be playing this song just to get over my loss. At present, I am trying to keep my head above water and it's very tough for me especially since I look after a lot of people and there are a lot of things that need to be sorted out. Sometimes I get paranoid that the bad times might strike at me again and I find myself in the gutter. When happens, I listen song and know that everything will be all right.

No comments: