Thursday, May 15, 2008

Whacked out relationship: Spooky By Atlanta Rythm Section




I'm at the cross roads of my life and I'm not getting any younger. Because of that, I get a lot of annoying questions and one of them is why aren't you married? To set the record straight, I am not gay nor am I a swinger or whateve-the-helll you call it. Right now, I'm feeling the consequences of a lot of bad decisions that got me where I am now which is nowhere. At the situation that I'm, getting into a relationship is like firing the killing salvo on a battered ship. With all the complications and compromises that goes on in today's relationship will drive me to the looney bin or the graveyard which is why one of my favorite songs of 24k is "Spooky" by the Atlanta Rythm Section (ARS).

Although Rt. plays this regularly on their 24k, program, I credit my friend Chris "The Bliss" for introducing this song to me when I was a freshman in High school. The song talks about the mood swings that would drive a relationship to insanity. His girl would say yes and then say no and this indicisiveness starts to annoy him and puts a strain on their relationship. I'll tell you that kind of relationship I don't need. I'm not as patient as I use to be and the attitudes such as that really pisses me off.

I know getting into a relationship takes a lot of guts because you commit yourself to that person and that person should do the same. Nobody deserves to be jerked around like that. If that happens, then don't be surprised if you guys wind up parting ways. As for me, I need to sort things out in my life, before I get int a relationship and I hope it won't be like that. In closing, this song justifies what Charlie said in Wait Till Your Father Gets Home and that is "LOVE spells backwards is EVOL, E-V-O-L!!!"

No comments: