Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Go Find An Adventure: Roam by the B52s


As the summer heat starts to kick in, people are now making plans to go out of town for some rest, relaxation and maybe some adventure. For me, my idea of an adventure is simply lying on my sofabed and snoring the whole day. Unlike me, my brothers are always game for some thrills, mostly biking, riding scooters and of course the beach. Spending most of my time by myself, I've grown used to the coach potato habit and it'll take a lot to get me to go out of the house, let alone out of town. But back when my ears were glued to 24k, there was a particular song that jumpstart the urge to do something different and go see the world and the people in it. That song is Roam by the B52s.

One of these days, I guess I will take this song's invitation. There's a lot I need to do first and I've wasted a lot of time as it is trying to see to these things that must be done first. Berfore I embark on an adventure, my first priority is at the moment is to put things in order and tie up loose ends. Work first before fun is what I have in mind at the present. But once things have settled and all is in order, then is the time to take big plunge at the world. When the time is to roam, you can bet your life, I'll go to the ends of the earth and live life to the fullest.

It was an infectious song where the band members are placed in different parts of the world and they take part in the festivities being held in that particular area. All the while with beat of the song entices the listeners to go out and take an adventure. When watching the video and listening to the song, it really makes the listener twant to go with the band as they go from continent to continent in search of excitement and adventure. Add to that, there are the bright colors and humor that give you the feeling that you would want to pack and head to some great destination and enjoy. The thing a I like most about this is that tells you the world full of cool things and you should take that chance and explore it. I have to admit, it's really is a great invitation one can't turn down.

No comments: