Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mind Blowing And Mind Tripping Song From Morning To Evening: More Than I Feeling By Boston


If there's one good result in getting into vices, it's getting exposed to a lot of good music and back then, there was a lot of good music which really takes your mind to the next level. Listen to power diven rock songs with the good booze, good stuff (you what I mean)and good people was the best way to spend the day. Mind-blowing music and the good stuff were a very potent combination that really rock you off your socks. This was true when the music and raw, direct and powerful and one of the band who were masters of this was Boston. Their song "More Than Feeling" always remains one of my favorite "mind trip" songs to this day.

Although they came out in the 70's, I first started listening to them in 1982, which was the time of my alcohol baptism (and other stuff) and when I listened to it under the influence, it blew me away. I remember the car radio was on full blast and we had already gulped a huge amount of alcohol as we set forth to another binge drinking(and other stuff) spree. Since then, whenever we gathered and this song was played, we were all totally plastered. Some felt their faces turn numb, others rushed to the toilet, some were white as a sheet of bond paper, but in the end, everybody just passed out which meant that the evening was a success.

It has remained one of my most favorite songs because when you listen to it in a "certain state", you really feel you're soul leave your body. There were a lot of other good songs that Boston played, but this was there best. Last Christmas I was talking to my brother while this song played he broke the news that it's lead singer, Brad Delp was found dead at his home. I really felt sad about that because this song and this band was a really big influence on me, my brothers and my friends. R.I.P. Brad and thanks for the good song because we will miss you always.

No comments: