Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hanging In There When Things Fell Apart: Broken Wings By Mister Mister


For those who visited and read my blog entries, you will notice that a lot of the songs that I have posted deals about coping with hard times. Among the songs that echo that sentimentt are Billy Joel's Second Wind, Firefall's Just Remember I Love You, Genesis' That's all and a whole lot more songs deal with lost, depression and grief. I have to admit that even though I stand my ground during tough times, when the first blow hits you, it's floor kissing time and you call on all your strength to get up on your feet to stay in the fight. What worse is that than the pain is fighting back the tears caused by the hurt as you lay squirming on the floor. Despite that,you fight against the pain and stand yourself up and when I think about that, I request for "Broken Wings" by Mister Mister.

Though it's not one of my top ten 24k songs, it has a special meaning for me during a very bad experience in my life. Just when things were starting to look good, all of a sudden, bad luck hits me like a speeding pick-up truck and everything falls apart. Unlike other unlucky breaks, it came at a time where I wanted to accomplish a lot of things and in a blink of an eye, I found myself in a very miserable situation when it should have been the best time of my life. I was so depressed that everything and everyone was a blur to me. I was literally a zombie who just went by the routine and did things mechanically.

By coincidence, this song came out at that time and listening to it remind me that also it sad loss, you got to pick yourself up and rebuild again. Slowly and painfully, I tried to do just that. Though that year didn't end as I had hoped for, atleast I was able to salvage what was left before anymore damage was done. This song carried me through those times when I felt like giving and I pulled through. I am forever greatful to this band for making this song which made feel better during that painful period in my life.

No comments: