Monday, May 12, 2008

Chillout/Search Song: Piece Of Paradise by PM



Everytime I tune in to 99.5 rt's 24k program, I wish time would stand still and I'd be happily lost in a world filled with my favorite tunes from the past. On Fridays, most people would think of going out to party, a bar, etc., but for me all I need to do is tune in to 24k and all is well with the world. To sum it up, I'm at a state of bliss where I hear my favorite songs. It's like searching for that ideal place and when you find it, you'd want to stay there forever. All of us are looking for one such place long for such a place just like the song "Piece Of Paradise" by the band PM.
The song talks about that missing piece in our lives that if found, makes us complete. That creates a longing that makes us feel that there's void in us that needs to be filled. We search high and low for that one that thing where we feel we belong and when we can't find it, it gives us no peace until we do. We all have a longing inside of us that we wish to find and it can be anything depending on the person. One thing is sure though: to that person, it is so valuable that everything else pales in comparison.
Aside from this concept, this is also one of those good chill out songs which I like listening to. It ranks up there with “The Sunset Grill” as a good tune to listen to at the end of the day. A great tune from a great band from my generation which I never tire of listening. It’s like talking to a friend and about all your hopes and dreams without being embarrassed. Although you’re still searching, you get a moment of respite as the song lifts the stress off and relaxation sets in. Whether it’s searching or chilling, this song is one of my favorites and I’ll never tire of hearing it.

No comments: