Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sunset with style : The sunset grill by Don Henley



Well summer is already hear. The fact that I’m starting to sweat buckets and feel really greasy when I get home from work is a sure sign of that. At this time of the year, people are already planning to go out of town, obviously majority of them are headed for white sandy beaches and rpool resort to cool down and party out with friends and family. Being an introverted person, I'm not fond of the beach since I'm so used to roaming around the urban jungle so much that I no longer have the taste for the sun, loud gay shouts of summer fun, etc. But if there was a way that would pursuade me to go, it would probably be Don Henley's THE SUNSET GRILL.

It is one of the rarest 24k rt songs in my collection, infact when I started to request this song to RT DJs, a lot of them didn't know about it. The song's lyrics narrates a favorite beach hangout where the working girls go buy and the sky is clear blue. The best part about this song is the part when he said that he'll have another beer and that all his friends were here. The song ended with the sound of trumpets and percussion instruments playing in the back ground. When I heard it the first time, it really got a hold on me because it brought back that fresh soothing and relaxing feeling that I had not felt for a long time as well made me want to buy a case of beer and share it with my buddies at the shore while the sun started to set.
How I would enjoy this song at the beach would probably be somewhere in the late afternoon with all my brothers and best buds near the sands or at one of those beach huts with the sun turning red and preparing to retire. The winds would start blow cool breezes and everybody's happy. I would probably be holding a cold beer on one hand and cigar (or something else) in the other. As the day slowly ends, my brothers, my buds and I would probably be laughing and drinking without a care in the world as this song is being played either on a cd or better yet live by Don Henley himself. That's how I would savor this song and if anyone asks if there was another way, I would answer no because good view, good music, good drinks and good friends are hard to come by.

No comments: