Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cutthroat Competition /A Dog-Eat-Dog World: Peace Of Mind By Boston



Times are really tough these days and just when you think doesn't worst than this, it does. High prices, unemployment or underemployment, brain-drain, lack of opportunities and corruption just keeps getting worse everyday. Due to the growing hardships that continue to mount, people try to do what they can just to keep up with the demands of everyday life. Some even resort to ruthless methods just to survive the growing crisis. I'm no angel, but there are just some things that I just wouldn't do just to gain a few bucks. When I think of the daily blues and trying to find ways to cope with them, I think of Boston's song "Peace Of Mind".

The song talks about trying to get ahead in a dog-eat-dog world. We all want to be successful, but what is it that we really want to achieve, what are we prepared to do just to achieve our ambitions and what price are we going to pay. For the singer. it's not about fortune because in the end, it won't matter because when you're gone, you won't be able to take it would you. It's understandable that in these hard times, you do what you can to get a head, but always remember what's important for you what setting goals for your life.

Right now, even though there are a lot of things that I regret, that doesn't mean that I'll sell out on certain principles in my life. All I want is to generate enough income to meet the needs of my family. Getting rich is not my main ambition in life because there's more to living than just money and people should not be just judged by thickness of their wallets. Even though I know that generations younger than me have made more money than me, like the song, I don't care if I get left behind because I'm alive and I'm going to stick to my principles and my dreams. I know that I should do more because I must take care of my parents, but just like what Alfie said: "If you don't have peace of mind, you got nothing".

No comments: