Wednesday, April 30, 2008

First Love: I Won't Forget You by Poison


I remember when I was a freshman in college, I was befriended by one of my female classmates. She had a cheerful personality and always talked to me whenever we met. Soon enough, my feelings for this person started to grow due to the way she made me feel good whenever we talked. Sadly, when she noticed that I was attracted to her, she began to distance herself from me and when I tried to greet her, she began to avoid me. I felt hurt, but rather than push the issue with her, I decided to respect her feelings. What hurts most was years later when I met her again at graduation, she dropped the bomb by telling me that after this she was getting married.

Nevertheless, she still holds a special place in my heart just like the song "I Won't Forget You" by Poison. This songs clearly describes how I feel about her to this day. Just like the song's lyrics, I think of the times we shared and mostly what I felt during those times which warms me during the cold chills of the night air. Some people will probably say forget about her, But I can't because even for a brief time she made me feel good about myself and for that I am grateful. Even though I was dumped, I can't say a bad thing about her, though sometimes I think she teases me when she suddenly greet or have chat with me every now and then.

As I look back, it is better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all and this definitely applies to this song and to that girl. I don't know where she is now or what she is doing, but I often think about her and I wish her well. In a way, she taught how to respect a woman and realize they're human too. I'll never forget how she cheered me up with every conversation that we had during those times. She'll always have a special place in my heart and like poison's song " I Won't Forget, You, Baby"!

No comments: