Friday, April 18, 2008

A song for the paranoid recluse: Who Can It Be Now By Men At Work


As I have mentioned in some of my past entries, I'm not much of a group person and I also don't like it when people bother to the point of annoyance. I tend to be more comfortable by myself than with other people due to the fact that I was raised in an isolated area for almost thirty years before moving to a subdivision. One of the results of living in that type of environment is that I have become a very reclusive person as well as paranoid because I had it when people keep bugging me. Whenever somebody disturbs my tranquility and violates my privacy, the song "Who Can It Be Now" by Men At Work comes to mind.

This songs revolves around a reclusive fellow who just wants to be alone in his home/apartment. I irks him isthat somebody keeps knocking on his door that he refuses to know who's there. His determination not to answer the door gets to a point that he gets paranoid as to who knocking on the door and even his sanity also gets affected. He imagination starts to get to him as to who is bothering him so late at night. In all that time the question remains: Who Can It Be Now?

I have to admit there are many times when I can relate to this song because when I'm at my own space at the end of the day, I just want to relax and not be bothered by anyone. When someone keeps calling me or keeps asking me about something non-stop, it really gets to my nerves and makes me angry. I really hate it when people can't take a hint that what they are doing stinks. Now if they'd ease up and be reasonable, it would be different. Let me rest and let me heal and then maybe I'll go see who can it be at the door.

No comments: