Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spilled Milk song: That's All by Genesis


Many times when people see me, they often say that I think too much and that it's obvious by looking at my face. I guess one of the reasons for this is because I often dwell on the past; mainly on hopes and dreams that fell apart. Whenever the thought enters my mind, I ask myself what went wrong and what I could have done to prevent it. I rack my brains on the would'ves, could'ves, should'ves that would probably ensure the success of my plans. In the end it, what's done is done just like the song "That's All" by Genesis.


This song talks about a good thing gone bad and there's nothing anyone can do about it anymore. The video of the song features Phil Collins and his band members in an alley tryinhg to warm themselves over a fire while coping with the down-and-out situation that they are in. Phil sings about wrong decisions, reasons for failing and in then concluding it's just a shame and that's all. In the lyrics, Phil is simply voicing out his frustration and would calm down and adjust to his predicament. In the end, he takes comfort in his band mates as they joke and share a meal while they warm themselves by fire in the cold night.

Many times when I find myself alone, I often feel the same way when plans that you so desperately want to succeed goes down the drain. Getting that numb feeling all over your body at the same time fighting to blame something or someone for causing that failure gets a hold on me because of the many hopes that never came to be. In the end, what's done is done and there's still another day. Even when things fall, apart doesn't mean there's no more hope. All you have to do is work harder and think smarter and that's all.

No comments: