Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Vodka Incident Song: Heat Of The Moment By Asia


25 years ago, I had a heated argument with my brother over a deal that involved money. It was so bad that we almost came to blows over this particular issue. I was so pissed it ruined my entire day. Then one of my brothers who was also involved in that argument had an idea. Obviously, the best way to forget that awful incident was to get drunk, but he took it a step further by suggesting that instead of a case of beer, we should drink vodka and it was agreed. One thing I learned that night, vodka and the song "Heat Of The Moment" by Asia can be a very explosive combination.

Right after dinner, we broke out the vodka and started taking one shot after another. We were using a small dipper-like tool whose contents were quickly consumed in one gulp. The next thing I know is that this song was blaring in high-volume and to say that the alcohol took effect was an understatemen as everything started to spin around me. The loud guitar riffs and the drums of this song not only made me forget my sullen mood, but I also felt my body go numb and an explosion went off in my head. The next thing I knew, after jumping around, I went limp and my two brothers carried my to the toilet where I vomitted everything in my gut just few inches short of the toilet bowl before passing out.

From what I remember, that song dealt more with nostalgia and good times, but for me this song will always be associated with the vodka incident. The next day, they told me that I consumed have the bottle of that long-neck which explains how everything went out of control. Later in the day, my brother forgot about our argument and things were back to normal. Turns out, he had a wild night of his own and when he got back, he wanted to have a drink with us to patch things up, but judging by the strong scent of alcohol in the room, he knew that we had our fill and went to bed instead. Now who says alcohol doesn't solve anything?


No comments: