Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Say It To The World: Message To My Girl By Split Enz


Love for your girl can be the hardest or the easiest emotion to express.  It makes it even harder because they love us so much and have done so many good things for us that we often can't find the right words to say.  For some reason, the more we love them, the more difficult it is for us to show them that we care.  Nevertheless, we must always show that we love them because they love us and are willing to stand by us through thick and thin.  For me, the best song that expresses that care is "Message To My Girl" by Split Ends.

The song begins with the singer having difficulty saying the sentence women want to hear from their men: I love you. He's afraid that if he does, say it, it might come out wrong or worse might spoil the mood that they already enjoy. Yet when he is with her, he feels that everthing is all right and there's nothing more that he can ask for. Eventually he musters the strength to stay the words, also proclaim not only to her, but also to everyone to hear. For him, she is everything and everthing is in her.
Whether I'm with a girl or not, this is another good song that gives me a sense of relaxation when the day is over.  Apart from the great lyrics, I like the music of this song. I also like the last two lines of the song where there's nothing sweeter than the touch of her hand and that he can spend the rest of his life playing in the sand. It goes well with romance or summer and if I was to look at the sunset with my ideal girl, this song makes everything complete. There really is nothing else we could ask for when so much love is given to us.

No comments: