Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Still Doing Fine: So Far So Good By Sheena Easton




I have to admit that I sound like a parrot when I blog how tough times are and how they're getting tougher everyday. Everytime I go home, I breathe a deep sigh that the day is over. Despite how hard things are all over, I've learned that you shouldn't always dwell on the negative. Even during the lowest of lows, there are some bright spots that shine through. Whenever that happens, I guess there really is a reason to be thankful. The song "So Far, So Good" by Sheena Easton reminds me that things are still okay despite the setbacks.

These last couple of years, I've trying to figure out ways to turn my luck around. A lot of times those attempts have all been a big bust. As I grow older, the urgency to achieve my goals grows heavy inside of me every minute and second of the day. Nevertheless, I'm still thankful that I'm still here and so is my family and despite all troubles, we're out there and we're fighting. Even when things didn't go well, we still manage to smile about it and look forward to tomorrow.

Well, there's still a lot to do and yet my efforts have yet to yield any results. There are some things that I'm still hesitant to do, but they need to be done if I am to make my dreams come true. Still, I got change in my pocket, clothes my back and friends and family. Some people got worse and yet they still manage a smile which inspires me. Well I got long way to go but right now, so far, so good.

No comments: