Saturday, July 25, 2009

When The Time Is Right : Settle Down My By Men At Work




I know that at my age I've reached the crossroads of my life and it really stinks that I still haven't gotten things together yet. As I have mentioned before, I spent most of my life trying to finish my studies that I felt that there were many things that I took for granted and now I find myself so incomplete. What's worse is that right now there are so many things that need looking after and a lot of times it could be overwhelming. I know I'm not young anymore and by this time things are supposed to be in order but right now I have a hard time trying to do that. So when I hear Men At Work's song "Settle Down My Boy Settle Down" I'm trying to achieve just that.

A lot of things have happened and in all that time, what could have been didn't. All things that I didn't do and all those dreams that were never meant to be have made me feel incomplete and unsatisfied. The funny part about it is that there are others out there like me and even my brother told that a lot of classmates in his batch haven't settled down yet. With all these missing pieces and this feeling of being incomplete hanging heavy on my mind, I just can't settle down yet. I feel that there still things that I need to do and though I know that it's been long overdue, I want to take time and try to find what it is that I feel I have lost.

Right now I'm concentrating on my work and the needs of the people at home. I am trying to work on something would at least give increase my income and when things get a little stable, go back and cross old bridges and make peace with the past. I know I've made a lot of mistakes in the past, but I'm still here and while I'm still here, there still a chance that I will be able to find the answers and things that I need to put myself at ease. Life is too short and I want to atleast feel whole while there's still time. When I'm at peace with myself, then I'll think about settling down.

No comments: