Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One Of My Favorite Movie And Movie Sound Track: Princes Of The Universe By Queen



When we were kids, we use to spend the weekends and holidays always playing war with each other. A lot of times, the games we enjoyed the most was sword fighting as we would slash each other with toy swords until they broke. When I was a senior at high school, one of the coolest movies that I saw was "Highlander" about immortals who battle each other until one is left and claims some sort of power as the prize. The swords and fight scenes were pretty cool back then. What I liked best about that film was the sword play and the sound track which was "Princes Of The Universe" by Queen.

I must admit I saw this movie again and again when it came out and even now I never tire watching it. Like I said, there were a lot great sword fighting sequences were each immortal carried a different type of sword ranging from a katana, broadsword, scimitar or spanish blade. The notion that these guys mastered several fighting arts through time also appealed to me since martialarts was one of my passions and still is. The sound track was fitting for a film about loners who wage their own private war in their own private world. The fact outsiders were never permitted to enter, let alone be part of it, appealed to me even more.

No comments: