Friday, July 3, 2009

What You Can Achieve With What You Got: One Trick Pony By Paul Simon




A lot of times we take for granted all the things that are at our disposal as well as the talents that we have. When things don't go as planned, we make excuses for why we can't seem to get things right. Yet there are those with very little resources, limited talents or physically or mentally handicapped who succeed in life. More importantly, many of them are happy with what they have and ask for nothing more. Whenever I see how well they accomplish things despite so many obstacles and very little resources, I think of Paul Simon's song "One Trick Pony".

This song reminds of that old lesson that it's not what you got, but how you use them that's important. Seeing a lot of people succeed with much less, I realize that I have all these resources and I haven't used them to their full potential. After talking to a person my friend referred me to, I'm trying to do my best to implement all that she told me. I want to make the most of what I got and use them properly so that they can produce good results. I know it's easier said than done, but if guys with lesser abilities can do it, so can I.

Making the most of what you have is a lesson that I am presently trying to re-learn. I don't to be like those people whine all the time rather than do something to solve the problem. I've been reading a lot of articles, trying to establish contacts and networks and most importantly trying to go beyond my safety zone to achieve results. What I am trying to achieve is not just for me, but for the people around me as well. I just hope this time I'll succeed which is why I'm doing my best to make my dreams come true.

No comments: