Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mirko Crocop/Mad Max And Whatever Your Imagination You To: Wild Boys By Duran Duran




You can every generation has a strange song that stimulates your imagination. With the advent of MTV during my time, you can bet that the interpretation of the song can depend on the video that they made. As the years go by, you can bet that it's getting to a point where sky's the limit. The downside is that the song's meaning get's lost in translation. Duran Duran's song "Wild Boys" is one such example.

I remember when I first heard this song and saw the video, I was thinking that they were trying to put a gothic twist on Mad Max with all that apocalyptic visions and gay dancing demons. This song also reminds me of MMA fighter Mirko Crocop whom I admired at first, but was later disappointed after he tricked the UFC after all the trouble the organization went through to build him up a gain after two bad performances. If anything, he proved that he was not UFC material and he'll never fight in the UFC again. I wonder if Mirko ever knew that this song was mostly played in gay bars in this country.

Well there you have it. What your interpretation of this song is up to you. MMA entrance song, Mad Max remake or simply something that you play in the gay bar. During the band's height, a lot of their songs,including this one was play on and on. It still lives on as Crocop's entrance song and is still probably being played at gay bars around. I leave it up to you.

No comments: