Friday, July 17, 2009

It"s How You Use What You Got : It's In The Way That You Use It By Eric Clapton




They say that when life gives you lemons, then make lemonade. These days, I keep that lesson firmly in my head. The reason for doing so is because I've seen and read a lot about people who were given less chances in life or have had many struggles only to overcome their plight and achieve their dreams in the end. They never whine or complain about the situation that they were placed or the little resources that they had to cope with, instead used whatever talent they had to the best of their abilities to make to the top. People like that are role models to all of us who struggle with the obstacles that hinder our path to our dreams. A good song that embodies this lesson is Eric Clapton's "It's In The Way That You Use It" from the movie The Color Of Money.

Why is it that there are people their who are less gifted or less privileged succeed than those who have all talented and have everything at their disposal? It's those with less already know what it's like to struggle just to make ends meet and want something better which a lot of well-to-do folks take for granted. They will take stock of the things that they can do and put it to good use. But most important of all is that they are not afraid of losing because the rewards are more than worth the risks. They are willing to lay it all on the line and work relentlessly if it will give them a better life than the one that they are struggling with. Most of all, they just do it and don't hesitate to put their plan into action for once they start, there's no turning back.

These days, I want to achieve the same thing. The reasons that I have enumerated are the principles that I am trying to follow. I have a plan and I want to follow it through the end. I have to admit, it's going rather slow but I will stay the path. Whether I succeed or not, the important thing is that I will not let my fear take hold of me. Just keep on trying and if something goes wrong, learn from it. It doesn't matter how little I have but what matters is how I use it.

No comments: