Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ultimate 24K Song!: Opposites Do Attract By The Allsports Band



Whenever it's 24K Weekend, my ears are glued to the radio and my cellphones loaded with enough credits for all the songs I want to request. Whenever I make a request it is usually the songs that I grew up with and were only played on RT, many of which can no longer be found on a conventional record shop or even the internet. One such that I have always requested stands out as the rarest of the rare. I have to listen to it for without, it's not 24K. That song is "Opposites Do Attract" by the Allsports Band.

Although the band never went further from their self-titled album, this song has been firmly imprinted in my mind like no other. Everytime I request it, it's like a game of hunter and prey as I wait for the song and would listen to it from begining to end. Everytime someone tries to bother me whenever I'm listening to this song, they usually regret it because I really get pissed off when that happens. More importantly although it's about romance, it takes me back to the days when we did everything together and all our friends were here as the party never stops. Only RT plays this song on 24K and they practically own it.

I'll never get tired of this song and even though I now have it (which cost me a king's ransom but was worth the price), I'll still keep on requesting it on 24K because I want to keep the song alive on the airwaves and it's only way that I know how to share it with everyone who listens to the program. If the day comes where I kick the bucket, I want this song to be played on my funeral. It's the ultimate 24K song and the rarest of the rare since no videos were made; it was only play on RT; and cannot be found on the internet. In closing, it's not 24K without this song.

No comments: