Saturday, July 18, 2009

When You Need To Stop And Assess What' s Happening: We're On A Road To Nowhere By Talking Heads



I know I often blog about the many mistakes and missed opportunities that have happened in my life which has caused me great pain in my life. Apart from that, a lot of those bad experience really threw a wrench in the works and often lead to long difficult periods that I thought I wouldn't survive. With all those ups and downs, it was like three steps forward, two steps back which means going back to the drawing boards just when things were supposed go full-speed forward. Lately, I've been doing a lot of thinking about all that's happened and I really down something to for real change to happen and get this life running on the right course. When I remember Talking Heads' song "We're On A Road To Nowhere", I need to charge of things while there's still time to work things out.

I remember I use to tease a friend of mine about this song because of the video where there were two wrestlers with suits and masks by telling him that he was probably one of the two. But seriously, whenever 24K plays this song, I'm get that melancholic feeling of a person who went through missed out on a lot of things and is struggling with the situation he's put himself into. That's these days I'm trying to take charge of my life by making the most of things that I can do and the resources that are still within my disposal. A lot of times, I also seek the advice of those in the know as well as their critique of how to get things done. There's a lot at stake and I'm doing this not only for me but for the people around me.

Like I've said before, just because I weathered one storm doesn't mean, I want to go through it again. These days I want to make sure these mistakes don't happen again and that things start moving and keep moving. A round to nowhere a future I almost found myself in and as much as possible a path I don't want to travel. It's not going to be easy, but other people have done and I want the same thing too. A lot of bad things have happened, but I'm still here and that could mean that there's something good out there and I just have to find it. I know I can achieve it if just travel the right path that leads to it.

No comments: