Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Only On 24K: Good Music By Joan Jett




I must be getting old because I don't listen to the radio anymore nor do watch MTV or any music video channel. I just can't relate with the music that being put on air. There was a time that I did but as the years went by, the sound was getting more and more alien to me. I guess that's why I keep my ears glue to 24K on the weekend because those were the tunes that I really dig. I can understand what Joan Jett with her song "Good Music".

These days the music is just a rehash of the sounds of the past and it's a poor imitation at that. One good thing about the internet is that is that somewhere in the web, there's a site with the songs that you really like listening to. Still, there's nothing like hearing good music on the radio where you don't need any hi-tech gadgets just to listen it. I was so dissatisfied with the crap they played on air that when I heard that 24k was back, I was jumping for joy the whole day long. It was the first that I realized just how important those tunes were to me and to here if only for the weekend, was enough to make me smile.

These days with everything on hold, good music is enough to help me make it through the day. If it isn't the weekend yet, then I just play the tunes of my youth burned on CDs. And when 24K Weekend, rolls along then I load my cellphone and text all the songs I want to hear and let the past come to life. That's how important good music is to me in this day and age. The only place that I can still find is of course, on RT's 24K!

No comments: