Friday, February 10, 2012

What Love Is And Isn't: That Aint Love By REO Speedwagon




A lot of people have their opinion about what love is. Most of the time what one thinks is love may not hold true to other people. I won't claim I'm an expert on the subject but just like everybody else, I had experienced it at one time or another. It's enough for me to know what love is and what it is not. I think REO Speedwagon's song "That Aint Love" fits this post perfectly.

It is not love for me when only one person is reaping the benefits of the relationship. It isn't love when you begin to feel left or have doubts. It is not love when your partner doesn't value your views or opinions. it is not love when your asks for so much conditions before committing. Finally it is not love when your partner does not accept you for who you are and is not willing to change while you've changed so much that you start losing who you really are.

I do know love goes both ways and people both benefit from it. I also know that you accept each other before there's any attempt for change. Most of all, you feel that could face anything because you support each other. These days people are too selfish that's why all this fairy tail crap comes crashing down. You really have to know what love is and what it is not for it to really last long.

No comments: