Monday, February 13, 2012

R.I.P. Whitney Houston: Where Do Broken Heats Go By Whitney Houston




As I woke up yesterday and opened up my computer, I was surprised by what I read in the news: Whitney Houston was dead at 48. I couldn't believe what I was reading because a few years ago, She was on the road to a comeback. She had completed rehab after years of drug abuse and her new album was a hit so it's quite a shock when her death was announced. No doubt a lot of friends and fans are heart-broken by news. This is why I think her song "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" is an appropriate for this post.

Back in my high school and college days, every song that she sang was an instant hit. She was always on MTV and hit made her shine even more. On top of that, she also had a budding movie career which made me believe her future was secure. Then she married Bobby Brown and all of a sudden she stopped making songs and movies. That's when her career plummeted to new lows and I remember one last performance where I was shocked that she was sweating buckets and her eyes were dull. I was relieved when I heard that she was restarting her career and I thought she was back on track. Sadly, fate had other plans.

To see such a great diva go that was is indeed tragic. I wish people supported her more when she was trying to get back on her feet again. I thought she would make it but sadly, that was not to be. I hope she's in a better place now and is singing to the Lord God Almighty in Heaven. R.I.P. Whitney, your fans will miss you especially when your songs were always about the heart.

No comments: