Thursday, February 9, 2012

Getting Over It: I'll Be Over You By Toto




Anyone who tells that they didn't get hurt over a break up is either stone cold or lying. When something good that you have with someone falls apart is like having someone punch a hole in your chest and your heart gets ripped out and torn to pieces. It gets worse when you worked so hard to keep going. Times like that, you need to take some time to get a hold of yourself and let it pass. The time you need to get over it reminds me of Toto's song "I'll be Over You".

This song came out when of things that I was hoping to see come true fall apart instead. One thing happened after another and before I knew it, what that crowning moment became one bad nightmare. It was like being on top of the world and suddenly falling down and breaking into pieces. You guessed it; I got dumped and boy did that hurt.

I hate to admit but that wasn't the last and there have been several times when I got shot down. Still, time heals all wounds and I got over each and everyone of them. That's life they say and maybe it's a blessing in disguise (a pretty good disguise though). Getting over it is never easy. Still, life goes on so I keep going as soon as get over it.

No comments: