Saturday, January 21, 2012

Upbeat Tune Despite Finding That One Was Being Deceived: Smoke From A Distant Fire By The Sandford Townsend BandT




A while back, I used the song "Summer Out Of Season" by Reo Speedwagon to illustrate how some songs could be so upbeat despite the fact that they sing about sad topics such as break-ups and even cheating on spouses. Even if the lyrics are about the anguish people feel about the bad things that are being done to them, you still can't help but groove to the music. Apart from that, the music was just so good that you can listen to it over and over. If you didn't listen to the lyrics, you'd thought that it was a happy tune cause you were already grooving to it. Another song that's so upbeat despite the sad revelation is "Smoke From A Distant Fire" by The Sandford Townsed Band.

Like all my favorite 24K songs, this always gets my spirits up whenever I hear it. The first time, I heard it, I liked it so much that I didn't listen closely to the lyrics. That's why I so surprised at what the song was about. Still, it didn't diminish how much I like this song. It's still gets a hold me when it plays on 24K Weekend. That's how good this song is and it will always be one of my favorites.

That's what so great about music back then, They always give a silver lining to bad situations or experience. I guess it their of laughing at life when things go bad. Today's music doesn't that same quality. It's more about whining than grooving and that's why I stick to my 24K classics cause they teach to make the best of a bad situation or experience.



No comments: